The two-day Advanced Scrum Master course focuses on developing the skills of the Scrum Master: teach, facilitate, coach, influence, change, make decisions, and delegate.
Advanced Scrum Master for growing Scrum Masters who want to go beyond one team and move towards Agile Coach, working with the entire organization and key stakeholders of the Scrum team. Useful for professionals from all industries – from IT and engineering to finance, logistics, and pharmaceuticals.
Advanced Scrum Master objectives
Teach participants to solve complex problems within the Scrum framework, develop a Scrum Master mindset based on Scrum’s values and principles to make the right decisions in their organizations and projects.
- Gain understanding and experience on how to increase the effectiveness of a Scrum Team
- Learn how to change the context of an organization to achieve greater agility in product development
- Will learn new practices and techniques for effective work as a Scrum Master
Why do you need to take the course?
Taking the PSM II course will allow you to:
- Open up new career opportunities in various industries
- Obtain the worldwide recognized PSM II certification;
- Help development teams and product owners become more efficient;
- Explore ways to change the environment, making it more helpful to the successful work of scrum teams;
- Learn to solve complex problems and meet professional challenges that they face every day in their work.
Professional Scrum MasterTM II (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in professional development. The PSM II course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. This course is one step in that journey. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course, which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Development Team, Product Owner and organization. The course then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become a better Scrum Masters.
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex, and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, identifying and effectively applying which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to your team’s success.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand Scrum and Agile’s benefits. Therefore, you must have the information and background needed to gain credibility to be an effective change agent. Your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources, and more throughout the class.
There will also be a time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to coach on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
- Effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with complexity and servant leadership
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments
- Facilitation techniques
- The Importance of a “Done” Increment
- The Sprint Goal
- Refresh the purpose of the Scrum Events
- The role of management in Scrum
- Successful product delivery
- Measurement in Scrum
- How to support the Product Owner
- Understanding the challenges of middle management
- Scrum Master as a change agent
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment. PSM II class participants who attempt the PSM II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.Registration
Slava Moskalenko is a Professional Scrum Trainer of the global organization Scrum.org in Ukraine. Trained over 1000 Scrum Masters and Product Owners from over 30 countries (USA, Singapore, Poland, India, China, Australia, Ukraine, Romania, and others). Conducted training, including for large international companies such as Microsoft, BMW, Orica, Singapore Airlines, etc.
Location and Date
- 24/02/2022 from 10:00 to 16:00 (Kiev time)
- 25/02/2022 from 10:00 to 16:00 (Kiev time)
- 26/02/2022 from 10:00 to 16:00 (Kiev time)
This training is powered by the best online tool for virtual collaboration, such as Zoom, Mural, Menti, and Slack